You start your nine-day Classic Experience tour of Mozart's Austria with an optional horse-drawn carriage ride from the famous St. Stephens Cathedral through the Altstadt passing such famous places as the Hofburg Palace, Rathaus , the Vienna Opera, and others. Your stay in Vienna includes:
- 3 nights accommodations including buffet breakfast in a centrally located 4-star hotel with an additional night upon return from Salzburg at the end of your experience.
- Entrance into Schoebrunn Palace where young Mozart played the clavichord for Empress Maria Theresia in the Hall of Mirrors
- Mozart concert performed at the Orangerie of Schoebrunn Palace
- Entrance into the museum House of Music to see the table piano dating from Mozart's time
- Entrance into the exhibition, Now and Mozart, at the Albertina (March 3 – August 31 2006) or into the Gallery of Belvedere Palace.
From Vienna, we suggest a compact or mid size car rental so you are able to enjoy a leisurely drive through the Wachau Valley visiting Duernstein and the fortress ruin where Richard the Lionhearted was imprisoned and found by his minstrel, Blondell . You will continue your drive to the wonderful Abbey of Melk which towers over the Danube River , continuing your drive visiting maybe a winery and tasting the wonderful Greuner Veltliner . This is a light and fruity white wine from this region.
Your drive continues to Kremsmuenster where you will overnight for 2 nights staying at a wonderful boutique hotel, the Hotel Schlair , where you will be pampered by hoteliers Erik and Maria Kux . While guests at the Hotel Schlair you can visit the great Kremsmuenster Abbey and visit St. Florian Abbey, home of the Anton Bruckner organ (concerts at 2:30pm daily, except Tuesday and Saturdays). You can also visit Steyr where you will see the Church of the Christ Child and the Steyr Christmas Manger. Dinner and buffet breakfast daily at Hotel Schlair .
Continue your journey over the back roads through the beautiful Austrian countryside to Salzburg where you will experience three wonderful days in the town where Mozart was born. Included are:
- 3 nights with buffet breakfast in a 4-star hotel
- City tour, On the Traces of Mozart, including a visit to Mozart's Residence or visit the exhibition, Viva Mozart, in the New Residence
- One ticket to the special concert, “Best of Mozart” (Cat 2) or, on request, (Cat 1)
- Taste the culinary delights of a 3-course menu in a restaurant in the city centre
Return to Vienna by car or, if you wish a truly unique experience of a lifetime, you may choose to return to Vienna on the magnificent Imperial Amadeus train and enjoy an optional 3-course dinner enroute .
Price is $1168.40 per person based on double occupancy including all taxes, fees and meals listed above.
Car rental rates will be quoted based on car category.
Although the above price is based on 4-star hotels in Vienna and Salzburg and 3-star in Kremsmuenster , this package can also be priced on 3- or 5-star hotels, where available. Single rates quoted on request.
Contact: TT&A Travel, Alexandria , VA , USA ; Tel: (877) 360-1999; Fax: (703) 360-7788; firstname.lastname@example.org